Monday, January 8, 2024

Sexy Sameness

My parents went to Le Crazy Horse de Paris in the 1980s. My mother complained that all the dancing girls looked alike. She remarked, “Who wants to see a bunch of clones?” I did. I was fascinated by what she told me, wishing I had been there.

I have a strange interest. My favorite fictional characters are the foot soldiers of villainy. I generally prefer them to be comely women uniformed in alluring costumes. I especially fancy them if they are identical clone women.

DIVERSITY kills my interest in my favorite of all archetypes. Male or female, they must all be of the same race and have the same stature, physique and complexion.

I do fancy clones because they look alike. I do mean the fictional clones of humans, of course. They are unrealistically cheap and easy to mass-produce. They are spawned as adults.

I write fiction and illustrate its book covers. My stories are not about the nameless baddies… but the nameless baddies are why I write them.

One thing fiction and non-fiction have in common is that they can be either true or untrue. A non-fiction is untrue if its facts are wrong, deliberately or by mistake. Fiction is untrue if the storyteller is insincere.

A fantasy is whatever we imagine. A fiction is fantasy, regardless of its realism. It is sincere if true to the fancies of the storyteller. It is false if otherwise. If the story is a sophistry rather than a written daydream, it is a lie.

The foot soldiers of villainy are the common folk imagined as antagonists. Making them female is to make them sexy. Doing so is generally a good idea since the archetype is typically uninteresting.

There is a deeper reason I am fascinated by the idea that the foot soldiers of villainy are clones. The characters, male or female are nonentities. They are mere extensions of nefarious entities who have no qualms expending them. The nonentities are indoctrinated to believe that thinking for themselves is foolish and acting in their own interests is selfish. By denying themselves, they lose their individuality. They become… clones.

https://www.deviantart.com/yellowplasma/journal/Identical-Young-and-Doomed-1006241158

4 comments:

  1. The benefit of clones is that there is an endless supply. Disposable and alike is a sexy combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A story is a tragedy if the hero kills off our favorite clones and there are none to replace them.

      Delete
  2. The thing that is interesting about identical twins is that, despite looking alike, they can be very different. Clones take this concept to another level. Only those who make the effort will distinguish themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Clones would still be human. They would still have souls, and their souls would not be less than those of the naturally born.

      Delete