Monday, October 23, 2023

Make it Real

What is your favorite thing to imagine? Is it something you hope for in your real life? Not me. My favorite thing to imagine is the easy killing of clueless guards. It has been my favorite since childhood. It was and is sexier to me than anything else.

When I was a little boy, I fancied myself the sentry. I enjoyed playing the easy victim. As I grew up, I played the killer. It was fun either way.

It is useless to imagine unless you do so to create. I write books and illustrate the covers. I have turned my fancy into literature and art.

You can imagine being rich or getting married or whatever else but unless you turn the thought into action, it is a brain fart. Like a fart, it may make you feel better, but it does stink.

My imagination is not a plan. It is daydreams I turn into stories and pictures. The idea imagined is not what I hope for. The books and illustrations are the objective.

Bother to make something of what you imagine, whether literally or artistically. Have something REAL to show for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJLLK7SY?ref_=ast_author_dp

6 comments:

  1. Making the imagined real is what it's all about. Unless we create our imagination is wasted in fleeting moments. Satisfaction comes from having something real to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Imagination is not only about art. It can be a plan for the future. The art does not exist is merely imagined. The plan is useless if it never comes to fruition. We must be a tree that bears fruit... or we become deservedly firewood.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely, I 100% agree. Make the unreal real. Do that. Do that until you can't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Imagination is a seed but it must be sown. The sowing is ACTION. Only then can we reap.

      Delete
  3. It is the energy we put it into these things that can interest others. This tends to manifest differently than was expected. Still, what does it matter if something was gained?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the energy can be wasted if it is not used to make something material, to give what we imagine an actual existence. Even as paper and ink, an idea has substance.

      Delete