Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Dare to Imagine

When it comes to art and fiction, what should be forbidden? What themes and topics should never be presented?

I write fiction and illustrate the covers. The themes and topics become words and pictures. Most of them are tame… but some of them are extreme.

Nothing I write or render is meant to shock or offend anyone. I take no pleasure in displeasing other people. I am sincere, however. My sincerity may shock or offend.

I am an artist. I refuse to compromise my art. I shall write and render what I am inspired to write or render.

People tell me they control their dreams. I would never do such a thing. There is nothing to learn from a controlled dream. I instead watch and listen. I write and illustrate the same way, and for the same reason.

My novel The Goddess of Self is a survival horror about a little girl threatened by monsters who command armies of little girls. The villains want to eat her… or worse. The child heroine kills baddies, mostly the other little girls.

My Black Death series of books is about two black women who serial kill young white women… for the fun of it. The killers are not only the protagonists, but heroines. They save the city from villains who command armies of white girls.

My pending novel Sorcerer of the Realm is about a world where the Confederacy won the War Between the States and became the Empire of the Golden Circle. The Confederates join forces with the Nazis, assuring white supremacy.

The best art is sexy and the best fiction is violent. Neither should be vulgar, of course. It is not art if not artfully written and rendered.

https://www.deviantart.com/yellowplasma/journal/A-Man-and-His-Daughter-999292541

6 comments:

  1. The only sincere way to imagine and create is in the name of Freedom. This means nothings is off-limits and no checkboxes have to be checked. We should create uncompromisingly and not sacrifice our interests to try to please an audience. If done artfully our hearts desire is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good point I failed to mention: Checkboxes. Yes, diversity, inclusion and equity are irrelevant when it comes to artistic merit. Virtue signaling is pandering, not inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you're not trying to shock peple. Books should be written to please yourself. Getting others to like yourself is the icing on the already created cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. When a work of art is AGAINST other people, it is made of hate instead of love.

      Delete
  3. Shock value is short-lived. When an idea is presented well, then it does not matter how extreme it might seem. That which compels us tends to push the boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A flash burns out but a seed planted can grow into something that lasts forever.

      Delete