Monday, September 18, 2023

Thriving in Obscurity

I write books and illustrate the covers. I create the title fonts. I compose music. I wonder if my work shall ever become famous. I hope so.

The best story ever written is no different than blank pages if never read. The best art is no different than a blank canvas if never seen. The best music is no different than silence if never heard.

Is my work the best?

I assume my fiction is excellent. I sincerely believe it is better than most classics. My opinion is irrelevant, however. My work is unknown. So long as it languishes in obscurity, it is unimportant.

I write every book as if it is sure to be noticed by the whole world. I make it ready to be read by everyone.

My interest in fame is an interest in influence, not fortune. Of course I would be glad to be enriched by my hard work. I would rather inspire than profit, however. I have much to say and I want everyone to hear it. I want to hear what everyone else has to say, both the praise and the complaints. I want to see what I write, illustrate and compose from the perspectives of other people.

Jesus mentioned, “A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.” I know what he meant. My friends and family are the least interested in what I create. They could not “find the time” to listen to a two minute piece of music I composed, though I gave them all a copy for their convenience.

It is most likely that I shall fade away and my work with me. Such is typically the fate of the mortal and only human. It is possible, though unlikely, that my work shall thrive after my passing. I may yet become famous. My work may yet inspire the world.

I write, illustrate and compose. I shall not stop. My creativity was a labor of love from the beginning. It began with no thought of fame or fortune. I imagined and art brought what I imagined to fruition. I had something to show for my daydreams. I still do. I always shall.

https://www.deviantart.com/yellowplasma


6 comments:

  1. To create for fame and fortune is a fleeting dead-end. You create out of love and sincerity, and will always have much fruit to enjoy. I do pray that you are able to reach more of an audience so that they may be inspired. To be able to make a living from your craft would ideal as well. This world worships the grind as if it has meaning. The Way is to walk the path of the creator no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Creativity is the meaning of life. The grind is the satanic alternative.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, people just need to discover your work. What we desire rarely manifests itself in the way it was envisioned. However, quality has a way of making things known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only guess if my work would thrive in the mainstream if given a chance. I want it to pass through the fire, to prove itself.

      Delete
  3. I guess my original comment to this blog got dumped down the memory hole. Just write what makes you happy and do it for God. You couldn't write if it wasn't for Him anyhow.

    ReplyDelete