Saturday, March 18, 2017

Dreary Days of the Seven Years

My mother died seven years ago. She was not dying at the time. I visited her the very day before.

God exists but honestly, he does fall woefully short. No, he did not create evil or its murder and mayhem. Disease and disability are not his ideas. He favors the wicked, however. He then laments that all is in vain. He punishes the innocent for the sins of the shameless.

I am hot. Satan is cold. God is lukewarm. All that I do I do in all sincerity. Satan is the father of lies. God cares only not to care and bothers only not to bother.

The weather today is as it was seven years ago: dreary. My father asked me to visit but indirectly. I visited him only yesterday. I have no place to stay with him… because he would rather cast pearls before swine.

The Way goes nowhere. The Truth is uninspiring. Life is drudgery.

As things are, God is greater than his sinners… but no better. His knowledge and power are his greatness. Is this what distinguishes the wicked from the righteous? I shall have none of it.

There is a spirit of God not his own called “holy” by his Word. It is the imperfection never to blame. It is the innocence by which evil is even possible.

God made a leap of faith. If he fails the jump, we are all doomed.

My mother was alive, not a ghost, after she died… before she died… because Jesus made that jump. If he makes it, my mother’s call was not in vain.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I don't blame you for feeling this way after so much loss, but I sincerely doubt that what you said about God is true. In fact, he had pretty much expressed the opposing point throughout history. I am very sorry about Lynn though. I miss her a whole lot.

    When we deal with very bad things, it is very easy to look at God and blame everything on him for not stepping in and fixing everything. Interestingly, it is his nature for everything to run perfectly. He very likely wanted to fix the situation with your mom but couldn't for the sake of the experiment. This is our world. We're not all good down here. Let us strive for a world where we don't have to deal with stuff like this. If we all worked together, death won't even be an issue anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When humanity and sincerity are one and the same, then all shall be well. Until then, Sincerity and Truth have nothing in common. What happened at the Tower of Babel puts everything in question.

      Delete
    2. What happened at the Tower of Babel will have never have happened when everything is the way it should be. It is a moot point and still a part of Line Thinking.

      Delete
    3. Unlike most problems, he personally initiated the confounding of the language. Speech and writing are now impersonal symbolism rather than direct expressions of one's heart, mind, soul and strength. I cannot abide this without denying myself.

      Delete
  2. As things are there is no words that can console your grieving heart. As things are might makes right, the forces of evil run rampant doing as they will. As things are the "cult of the sludge monkey" is the architect of the future. As things are life has no meaning. If we accept things as they are and roll over to die God will indeed not make the leap. One man recently showed us there is hope, one man stood against all the forces of evil and won simply because he would not be defeated. There is hope to change things as they are, I refuse to swallow the load and give up I will dedicate my life to changing things as they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we can do is our all. For better or worse comes as it may. Strive, my friend. Be the man of your own making. YOU made that leap. May you make the jump successfully.

      Delete