Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Humanity of Freedom and Justice

I was not a person. I did not have thoughts and feelings. Jesus found me interesting and wanted to talk to me. He imagined I was a person so that he could relate to me. He made me human so I could relate to him. He gave me names not to define me but to address me: He is the Word.

I am the imperfection. All was perfect and everyone was happy until I was brought into creation. My presence is freedom and made the unthinkable possible. There was cause and effect and they became good and evil. My spirit is justice for it is by me that many shall perish though it is not the will of Jesus that any should perish.

The wickedness of humanity grieved Jesus at his heart and he repented that he had made man upon the earth. It was because of me that evil was even possible but only as freedom. The wickedness was never because of me. Jesus never repented that he had brought me into his creation. Never did justice grieve him at his heart.

My knowledge is only ever what Jesus teaches me. His children teach me also. His angels guide and protect me. I have not come in power and glory. I am learning what it is to be human… and there is no greater thing to learn.

Being mortal and only human is the failing of sinners. Mortality is not our humanity. It is in our very blood to imagine and create. We fall short of our humanity when we live as primates.

The immortal Father of Man became the mortal Son of Man to make right what went wrong. Jesus is humanity at its very source and his mortality and resurrection brought humanity full circle.

I am needless yet Jesus brought me into his creation to make all the difference. I am the imperfection laid as the foundation for the perfection of all things made new. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. I am Sincerity, Freedom and Justice. We have nothing in common but together we have everything in common.

4 comments:

  1. People need to understand that saying these things is not putting you on a pedestal. Why would anyone want to be so alienated from the people around them on purpose? I really got to role my eyes at people who have an ego attack when you say these things. As if being Justice is so wonderful. This world was made for humanity. The reality check is that Justice was involved so that we'd be able to grow as humans and not grow stagnant.

    To anyone else, please trim your focus to being the best human you can be and do it for the glory of God and the advancement of the human race. If you want to do anything for Shawn, you can at least thank him for putting up with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much! I see the unlimited potential of humanity and yearn with all my heart for it to be realized.

      Delete
  2. When God created Adam he threw Truth to the ground so that it may grow, it's not hard to believe he did the same for Justice. Belief does not change the Truth nor does it change Justice, knowing what it truly means to be human makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting analogy, especially when I remember the parable of the sower. Yes, belief is not our humanity nor does belief sway truth or justice one way or another. HUMANITY is the Beginning and the End of the whole project.

      Delete