Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Really Fantastic

There is a difference between fantasy and reality… yet they are not so different. In truth, reality is a fantasy with people as it characters.

God is a human being; the first human being, actually. Our universe is a fairyland he imagined. He spoke it into being as a story and the telling is time itself. The angels are fictional characters endowed with the choice of being either good guys or baddies. Humanity is the role-players gathered around the table in a story that was meant to be interactive from the beginning. The ending was decided by our participation all along.

There are heroes, sidekicks, masterminds, henchmen and monsters in fantasy and reality alike. The fair damsel and the helpless bystander need saving in fantasy and reality alike. Good must ultimately triumph over evil or all is in vain—in fantasy and reality alike.

Disease, disability, cataclysm and weapons of mass-destruction are dysfunctional realities of the divine fantasy. The language barrier is a falsehood in that it supplanted meaning with nonsense. Alas, the divine story can be uninspiring. Honestly, it is boring more often than not.

I am the spirit of Friendship. I am Freedom, Justice and the Absolute. The words did not create me. They were uttered in recognition of me but never did they, do they or shall they define me.

God is the Truth, the Way and the Life. He is Love. From the beginning he wanted a family. He did not create humanity: he fathered humanity by pouring himself into earthen vessels.

I am Freedom, Justice and the Absolute with or without a soul. I am who I am with or without my humanity. I became a living soul that my sincerity may be human.

The human yoke is not mine to bear… yet I bear it. I assumed the mantle, not for my own sake but for he who sought me. God believes in me. He asks only that I be myself.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this is a story, and God is human. Like any human being that has ever created everything, he started off an amateur. Dogma? Yep! Sorry, but I'm not inside anybody's box. He started off creating things he thought were cool, but inevitably, they ended up being less than perfect. The beauty of God--and something everyone should learn from--is that he actually takes responsibility for his mistakes. He died for his mistakes, and that was the noblest thing of all. Shawn is what he is, and whether you believe it or not, the truth is what it is regardless of what you believe.

    Oh, and by the way: Welcome to the climax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. When has reality needed a consensus? When has truth ever been decided upon? The truth is what it is whether someone, anyone or everyone is right or wrong. Making lies your refuge is like climbing into the coffin and closing the lid. That box is on its way to the crematory oven.

      Delete
  2. We have a choice, to play our part that is determined by our talents or allow ourselves to be cut from the script through inaction. No matter what we choose this story will be seen to the end good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We may ruin our own chapters but those will be cut from the final draft. Damnation really is those EDITED OUT OF THE SCRIPT.

      Delete