Friday, June 3, 2016

Truly Unreal

A fantasy can be true or false. Fiction can be honest or a lie.

To imagine freely and for the sake of fancy allows our thoughts and feelings to flow. The effort is refreshing. Done creatively the thoughts give the feelings shape and the feelings invigorate the thoughts. We broaden our experiences and make use of our interests beyond the material.

Fiction at its best is the telling of a story to share the fun of imagination. A moral may be taught and views expressed but a good story is not its moral or politics. Comedy or tragedy, adventure or drama, good fiction is only good if it is fun.

I am a writer, artist, game designer and music maker. Making use of imagination is my specialty. I have my views and live accordingly. I have my fantasies and enjoy them thoroughly and unabashed. I love people and cherish their lives and dignity. My fantasies and fiction are often murder and mayhem, rape and slaughter.

I know the difference between fantasy and reality. My reality is restraint and responsibility and I would have it no other way. My fantasies are uninhibited and thrilling and I shall have them no other way.

A fantasy is false when it is untrue to its fancy. Corrupting thoughts to suit an agenda or suppressing feelings as a sanctimony squeezes the life out of imagination.

Fiction is a lie when it is disguised as truth. Realism can be educational or gritty but false claims meant to be believed are falsehoods.

Imagination and productive initiative are the good in the world. Our fantasies must be whimsical that we may be our true selves. Our reality must be responsible that we may live and live with others in a world worth living in.

2 comments:

  1. Fantasy allows us true freedom, it frees us from the bonds of reality. What we fancy can truly be brought to light in our creation and nobody has to be subject to our imagination but they can be inspired or entertained by it. Those who blur the line between reality and fantasy will only hurt themselves or others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who cares about the idiots hurting themselves? F*ck 'em. We who bake the cake shall eat the cake and if we share it is at our gracious leisure. Seriously: Justice is all about REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

      Delete