Sunday, August 16, 2026

My Creative Cycle is Perpetual Creativity

I am an artist... and have been since childhood. I drew pictures. I made costumes and toys. I directed an improvised a play. My adolescence began with me writing stories. I illustrated and colored comic books I never finished. I acted in stage plays. I designed tabletop top games. Now that I am middle-aged, I write books and design the covers. I create the title fonts. I compose music. I voice act. I directed an audio-drama.

I was never an artist for fame and fortune... but I would like fame and fortune. The fame would allow me to promote and explain my work. The fortune would give me more time and resources for my work.

I love making art, no matter the medium. I consolidate mediums as best I can. The pictures illustrate the stories and the music is the themes of the fiction. The games are based on the stories and pictures.

I do not have fame and fortune... but I have plenty of product... and am still busy making more.

Though my art is for its own sake, it is not meaningless. The stories are parables. The pictures make the parables visible. The games allow people to participate in the parables, making the stories especially immersive.

My art is from within. It is expressed outward, however. The stories are written to be read. The pictures are rendered to be seen. The games are designed to be played. My art is in vain if it is not appreciated. It is meant to inspire.

I am inspired by the art of others. I am inspired by my own, as well. I have written and rendered because I was stirred to do so by what I wrote and rendered.

I designed a cover for no other reason than to give a title something to be displayed on. The title was whimsical, the names of my three latest universes as the name of one book. I shall write the book... for no other reason that to make the cover an actual book cover. I shall compose musical themes for each of the three universes... then a remix of the three together as the theme of this whimsical book.

Sorry for the rambling... but my stream of consciousness is never in vain. It keeps me busy being an artist.

Music on Youtube

Books on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment