Monday, March 2, 2015

Strange Galaxy: Sincere Foundation

My Strange Galaxy was never an attempt to create something original. It was always nothing more than an endeavor to customize science fiction to my own preferences. In so doing I have created something new.

Reality is boring but true. Fantasy is nonsense but fun. Reality and fantasy in perfect communion are the qualities of both with the shortcomings of neither. My Strange Galaxy is all about possibilities, real and imagined.

I have always loved the magic of fantasy and the speculative technology of science fiction. Swords are as interesting a weapon as guns. The futuristic and the ancient are equally mystical. Aliens and fairies really are the same thing. I brought all these supposedly disparate elements together. I refined them, cleansing them of their silliness. In their purity they merge seamlessly together.
           
People are my interest. Dead space and lifeless worlds do nothing for me. I am mindful that velocity, in any form, is entirely impractical for living things to traverse the unimaginable gulfs of the cosmos. Anyway, Strange Galaxy is a space opera without spaceships. Living worlds are visited by means of shifting one two-dimensional plane of space with another, creating a portal in which “faraway” becomes only a step away.

I am a minimalist. I prefer simple to fancy. I favor sleek over gaudy. Intimacy means more to me than anything grandiose. The magic and technology of Strange Galaxy are understated. The adventures are typically unsung quests. There is no singular event or specific cast of characters that decides the fate of the galaxy. I focus on depth rather than breadth.

My Strange Galaxy is meaningful because everything about it says something. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment