Monday, September 30, 2024

Pending Stories of a Weird World

I write books and illustrate the covers… or I illustrate covers then write the books.

My novel THE WAYWARD SCHOOL FOR GIRLS was a short story that became a novel. It was set in a new universe and creating universes is my thing… so I illustrated a cover for the book TALES OF A WEIRD WORLD, to give the universe a name. I then wrote the book, using some older stories in the beginning.

Nameless baddies are my specialty as a writer and illustrator. I consider Wayward Sentry Girls among my best. Not only do I love their look, but they are naturally born conscripts. I generally favor cheap and easily mass-produced clones, but I do fancy the naturally born… if they are indoctrinated normal people, not reprobate hirelings.

I illustrated the cover for the pending book STORIES OF A WEIRD WORLD. I have already begun writing stories for it. The entire project is because nameless baddies are my favorite characters in all fiction. I created my own and these girls are excellent… as incompetent foot soldiers of villainy.

4 comments:

  1. There is a certain abstract quality to them that make them work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weirdness of weird fiction always felt like a brain massage. It is therapeutic, even as the writer of such fiction.

      Delete
  2. What is natural tends to be more compelling. There is already an understanding of the subject matter. So, the more you hear the deeper it gets.

    ReplyDelete