Friday, September 27, 2024

My Questionable Themes

My Black Death series of books is about black women serial killing young white women. My White Empires books are about a white man committing the mass murder of the disabled, homosexuals and other races.

The black women committing murder are the heroines of their story. The white man committing mass murder is arguably the hero of his.

If I was judged by the fiction I wrote, it could be argued that I am hateful. The argument would be sophistry, however.

My characters are not my avatars in the fiction I write. They are their own people. Yes, I craft their dialog and actions, but as an outsider. Their world is not my own.

My stories are not wishful thinking as prose. I am uninterested in reality, except as the place where I can write fiction. I do enjoy illustrating covers and creating title fonts, but for my own work. The three endeavors are the same projects.

The joy of storytelling is the fun I have daydreaming fantasies. I share the fun. When people comment on what they read, I see what I fantasize from new perspectives. My own imagination expands accordingly.

Why the questionable themes?

Why not? How is keeping our imagination tame a good thing?

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Shawn-OToole/author/B07C28S75Z?ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

4 comments:

  1. Those who write in a box, limit themselves unnecessarily. It is important to challenge our perceptions in order to grow. The ones who shy away will have little progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can write "respectable" fiction and be praised for it. They shall not inspire even their own fans as much as wild and crazy fiction, especially if craziness is thoughtful and sincere.

      Delete
  2. A lot of things are looked down upon by people who don't even care about the thing they are looking down upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good. They tout they ideals they never bother to live according. Quite common, unfortunately.

      Delete